NEW - Der Feed des Merlin Images jetzt bei BoxPirates - NEW

NEW - BoxPirates Plugin Feed - NEW
Unsere Plugins direkt über den Plugin Browser eure Box installierbar

USB mounten

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• WD Passport - USB recording

Hello, two days before i got brand new WD Passport Essential 500 GB HD. So i want to share some info. Factory settings are virtual CD ( WD Smartware ) + rest is cca. 460 GB free space NTFS formatted. To make it works on ClarkeTech 550 PVR you need to reformat it to ext3 file system. The problem is, that it can be done only by some linux distro version.

So few steps to do that:

1) connect to the internet with WIN PC and download latest firmware for your disc.
      2) upload it to the attaced disc
      3) use another utility from WD to discard VCD manager ( all info is on WD site )
      4) if there is no virtual CD drive when you attach WD disc to the PC, rest. of free space can be formatted on ext3 or FAT 32 file system
      5) i formatted it to FAT 32 file system using Linux Mint disto, to use it with my DVD player, but CT5500 will enabe you option to reformat it on ext3 file system
      6) after final reformatting disc records and plays everything recorded from CT550 without problems.

The best thing is that this kind of discs are low power so you can attach them with use of USB cable only.

Revert disc to back is no problem with WD utilities.

Why to use linux disto to reformat? I did not find any soulution how to brig FAT32 or EXT3 file system on this kind of disc. On WD web site they support only W7 and Mac. No information about EXT3 file system. You do not need to install Mint on your PC, live CD is helpful enough.

If this helped
      enjoy